- The company was started in 1977 by Dan Glockzin and Rick Leffelman.
- D.R. Tech was incorporated in 1984.
- Rick Leffelman took over as sole owner and President in 2006.
- Tom Quimby and Jolene Meyer joined the ownership team in 2015.
- We have been based out of the same building the entire life of the company.
- Through the years we have worked in every state in the continental US as well as Canada and Argentina.
D.R. Tech started out with primarily refrigeration and sanitary process systems. Over the years, we leveraged our dairy experience and the ingenuity of Dan and Rick to design and build cheese-making equipment. Through continued investment in research & development, we have created several key pieces of equipment, such as the EZ Whey draining belt, the Carousel Vacuum Press (patented), and the Waterless Cooker (patented).